Definition of calm :
1. Freedom from motion, agitation, or disturbance; a cessation or absence of that which causes motion or disturbance, as of winds or waves; tranquility; stillness; quiet; serenity.
2. Not stormy; without motion, as of winds or waves; still; quiet; serene; undisturbed.
3. To deliver from agitation or excitement; to still or soothe, as the mind or passions.
4. To make calm; to render still or quiet, as elements; as, to calm the winds.
5. Undisturbed by passion or emotion; not agitated or excited; tranquil; quiet in act or speech.
chill out, silence, listless, philosophical, even, calm down, quiesce, settled, hush up, incurious, laid-back, unperturbed, cool down, brace, amicable, amiable, quieten, slow, rural, unagitated, self-reliant, confident, civil, pipe down, rough, disinterested, windless, harmonious, inoffensive, calm air, stabilise, stilly, phlegmatic, levelheaded, unshaken, balmy, agitated, violent, excited, self-possessed, shut up, patient, unconcerned, simmer down, take root, restful, cool it, tranquillize, quiet down, root, bland, cool off, unmoved, dignified, possessed, cool-headed, steady down, tranquillise, low-key, peaceable
motionless (part of speech: adjective)
calm (part of speech: verb)
placidity, still, assuage, stillness, placate, composure, collected, allay, equanimity, peaceful, appease, unruffled, patience, undisturbed, lull, quell, sedate, calmness, console, poise, peacefulness
soothe (part of speech: verb)
passive (part of speech: adjective)
rest (part of speech: verb)
peace (part of speech: noun)
neutrality, peace, quiescence, armistice, order, truce, repose, cease-fire, amity, placidness, tranquility, concord, nonaggression, accord, friendliness, rest, quietness, serenity, orderliness, nonresistance
moderate (part of speech: verb)
gentle, innocuous, moderate, soft, restrained, subdued, composed, tranquil, abate, relax, tranquilize, alleviate, relaxed, quiet, compose, soothing, soothe, pacific, cool, pacify, restrain, soften, subdue, ease, alleviated, temperate, easy
peaceful (part of speech: adjective)
pacify (part of speech: verb)
unexcitable (part of speech: adjective)
passionless, self-composed, aloof, self-controlled, nonchalant, unexcitable, imperturbable, frigid, controlled, level-headed, poker-faced, inscrutable, mild, neutral, stoical, steady, meek, dispassionate, unhurried, unflappable, impassive, apathetic, stolid, cold-blooded, demure, deadpan, stoic, numb, staid, even-tempered, easygoing, reserved, detached, serene
- Yet he was calm, and did not seem surprised at my presence in Knapwurst's room. - "The Man-Wolf and Other Tales", Emile Erckmann and Alexandre Chatrian.
- He was looking down at her still- calm, strong. - "Jewel A Chapter In Her Life", Clara Louise Burnham.
- " You mistake, my lord," said her calm, cold voice. - "54-40 or Fight", Emerson Hough.