Definition of cam:
- A curved wedge, movable about an axis, used for forcing or clamping two pieces together.
- A projecting part of a wheel or other moving piece so shaped as to give alternate or variable motion to another piece against which it acts.
- A ridge or mound of earth.
- A turning or sliding piece which, by the shape of its periphery or face, or a groove in its surface, imparts variable or intermittent motion to, or receives such motion from, a rod, lever, or block brought into sliding or rolling contact with it.
authentication, ancillary, ABEND, bucket, button, ball bearing, artificial intelligence, batch, carriage, access time, authoring, bearing, camshaft, alpha test, belt, chamber, AI, A-D conversion, background processing.
Mr. Hobhouse was proposed, Mr. Lambe was proposed, and the Major also was proposed and seconded in due form; and the High Bailiff, upon a show of hands, declared the election to have fallen upon John Cam Hobhouse, Esq.- "Memoirs of Henry Hunt, Esq. Volume 3", Henry Hunt.
In the high days of the Revolutionary movement across the water, Adrian Landale was a dreamy student living in one of those venerable Colleges on the Cam, the very atmosphere of which would seem sufficient to glorify the merits of past ages and past institutions.- "The Light of Scarthey", Egerton Castle.
- "The Towns of Roman Britain", James Oliver Bevan.