Definition of camp:
- A collection of tents, huts, etc., for shelter, commonly arranged in an orderly manner.
- A mound of earth in which potatoes and other vegetables are stored for protection against frost; - called also burrow and pie.
- A single hut or shelter; as, a hunter's camp.
- An ancient game of football, played in some parts of England.
- The company or body of persons encamped, as of soldiers, of surveyors, of lumbermen, etc.
- The ground or spot on which tents, huts, etc., are erected for shelter, as for an army or for lumbermen, etc.
- To afford rest or lodging for, as an army or travelers.
- To pitch or prepare a camp; to encamp; to lodge in a camp; - often with out.
- To play the game called camp.
locate, pitch camp, artistic, mannered, encamp, camping, tent, accessible, affected, plurality, stop over, artsy-craftsy, hutch, live, aesthetic, arrive, encampment, cantonment, shanty, break, tenting, activity vacation, sleep out, campsite, hovel, organization, camping area, chalet, campy, boyish, pop, agitprop, corny, mob, camping ground, theatrical, summer camp, sleep under the stars, bach, ingroup, abstract, come from, make a dry camp, banal, board, hut, nest, camp down, quarter, large number, machismo, unmanly, effete, honeymoon, make camp, baroque, excursion, settle, macho, clique, tasteless, campground, face pack, escape, in poor taste, getaway, stylized, camping site, club, masculine, adventure travel, police, popular, inhabit, effeminate, brushwork, support group, Arts and Crafts, bivouac, panel, cabin, aquatint, association, flash mob, male, art nouveau, avant-garde, pack, dwell, posturing, a, gang, rough it, camper van, camper, refugee camp, ring, battalion, activity holiday, dated, hooch, tacky, go backpacking, the avant-garde, flash mobbing, commission, pitch a tent, hutment, abstract expressionism, put up for the night, exaggerated, settle down, holiday, artificial, lodge, bivouacking, station, lodge temporarily, inner circle, populate, extravagant, manly, camp bed, reside, squat, campfire, camp out, multitude, art deco, coterie, kitschy.
- "The Young Forester", Zane Grey.
- "The Allen House or Twenty Years Ago and Now", T. S. Arthur.
- "Journal of a Trip to California by the Overland Route Across the Plains in 1850-51", E. S. (Eleazer Stillman) Ingalls.