Definition of campaign :
1. A connected series of military operations forming a distinct stage in a war; the time during which an army keeps the field.
2. An open field; a large, open plain without considerable hills. SeeChampaign.
3. Political operations preceding an election; a canvass.
4. The period during which a blast furnace is continuously in operation.
5. To serve in a campaign.
head for the hills, race, motivate, exhort, labor, incursion, prod, promote, footrace, advance poll, juggernaut, bid, fight back, budge, sweep to/from power, entreat, try, elbow grease, reason, hunt, go, buzz, vex, consort, motility, convince, causal agent, front, electioneering, canvass, ladder, tend, take, motion, hightail it, flow, disenfranchise, move, press out, bowel movement, rouse, foment, melt down, work, guide, run away, pass, driving, hunting expedition, syndrome, turn tail, prevail on, lean, tug, hunt down, hold, beauty contest, parkway, direct elections, crowd, shift, mission, lawsuit, clickthrough, thrust, compact, assault, running, election, elect, bm, test, candidature, weigh, stand for, break away, bunk, lam, run, charm offensive, oppose, conjure, incline, weight-lift, adjure, urge on, blitz, outpouring, record, persist, dissuade, run for, chad, campaigning, apparent motion, black market, candidacy, causa, driveway, action, rill, discharge, represent, entice, travail, rivulet, fly the coop, cause, runnel, suit, compress, streamlet, exertion, trend, endeavour, play, scarper, turn on, take to the woods, private road, escape, squeeze, stir, skirmish, unravel, scat, track down, operate, effort, disturb, apparent movement, case, die hard, excite, constrict, adspend, billing, sweat, bandwagon, stir up, attack, beseech, force, branding, execute, urge, trial, causal agency, spur, pitched battle, tally, encourage, ply, safari, fight down, commove, process, event marketing, raise up, iron out, driving force, extend, melt, contend, social movement, ravel, series, military campaign, shake up, advertize, charge up, advertise, by-election, get in, political campaign, affiliate marketing, direct mail, attempt, feed, persuade, charge, labour, weightlift, draw, bleed, round, push, stand, bear on, agitate, take the field, foot race, course, running play, be given, ride, endure, streak, defend, grounds, press, shake, drift, study at battle, running game, movement, contract, operation, carry, trail, range, prevail, function, lead, iron, advertising
battle (part of speech: verb)
warfare (part of speech: noun)
venture (part of speech: verb)
exploit, venture, activity, deed, pursue, project, undertaking, initiative, maneuver, procedure, perform, enterprise, pursuit, feat, adventure, act, task, endeavor, initiate, proceed, do, performance, scheme, affair, production, undertake
- How should he conduct his campaign? - "The Lash", Olin L. Lyman.
- Besides this, although it was not the custom of those called to court, he wore at his side a long campaign sword, broad, and with a double blade. - "Marguerite de Valois", Alexandre Dumas.
- If you find your sales are mostly on the better- class goods, I would advise you to start an educational advertising campaign, if you can afford it. - "Dawson Black: Retail Merchant", Harold Whitehead.