Definition of canada :
1. A British province in North America, giving its name to various plants and animals.
2. a nation in northern North America; the French were the first Europeans to settle in mainland Canada; " the border between the United States and Canada is the longest unguarded border in the world"
3. A small ca– on; a narrow valley or glen; also, but less frequently, an open valley.
4. The largest country in North America, comprising 10 provinces and three territories. Its capital is Ottawa.
- If John Brown had escaped from his prison, and gone to Canada, what would have been his influence? - "Orthodoxy: Its Truths And Errors", James Freeman Clarke.
- On the side of the United States, the war was bound to take the form of an effort to capture all or part of Canada, for that was the only vulnerable British possession. - "The Wars Between England and America", T. C. Smith.
- I told him that my destination was Canada also. - "Mrs. Falchion, Complete", Gilbert Parker Last Updated: March 12, 2009.