Definition of canal:
- A long and relatively narrow arm of the sea, approximately uniform in width; - used chiefly in proper names; as, Portland Canal; Lynn Canal.
- A tube or duct; as, the alimentary canal; the semicircular canals of the ear.
- An artificial channel filled with water and designed for navigation, or for irrigating land, etc.
- "John Keble's Parishes", Charlotte M Yonge.
- "Early Israel and the Surrounding Nations", Archibald Sayce.
- "Kelly Miller's History of the World War for Human Rights", Kelly Miller.