Definition of cancel :
1. An inclosure; a boundary; a limit.
2. The part thus suppressed.
3. The suppression or striking out of matter in type, or of a printed page or pages.
4. To annul or destroy; to revoke or recall.
5. To cross and deface, as the lines of a writing, or as a word or figure; to mark out by a cross line; to blot out or obliterate.
6. To inclose or surround, as with a railing, or with latticework.
7. To shut out, as with a railing or with latticework; to exclude.
8. To suppress or omit; to strike out, as matter in type.
roll back, rub out, cancellation, natural, depart, spark off, cut down, suppress, blow up, explode, scratch, bring out, countervail, recant, scrub up, set out, abate, snuff, set forth, approve, cross off _or_ out, rub off _or_ out, root, mark, come up, bail, void, fret, scrub, call off, stop, blot out, cry off, alienate, squash, alienation, get in the way of something, make void, countermand, rescind, elide, chafe, action, scrap, attest, actuate, maintain, assign, underscore, black out, kill, recall, wash out, inscribe, cross out, highlight, prohibit, blue-pencil, remove, rub, grave, discontinue, touch off, scour, trigger, overthrow, spark, sweep, take off, sanction, part, plot, fray, uphold, strike out, trigger off, incite, rule out, start, avert, itch, scrape, dele, abrogate, scratch up, clean, discharge, counterpoise, blank out, avoid, instigate, underline, continue, exterminate, call, obstruct, stir up, fell, star, ignore, sustain, wipe out, set off, wipe, repeal, scratch out, knock something on the head, cause, stroke, assignment, deface, prevent, discourage, stamp, extirpate, activate, blot, scribble, vitiate, blind trust, excise, abort, liquidate, set aside, scrape up, disannul, start out, null, trip, quash, detonate, cross, strike down, engrave
compensate (part of speech: verb)
annul (part of speech: verb)
destroy, withdraw, abnegate, delete, revoke, eliminate, invalidate, disavow, refute, divorce, repudiate, deny, eradicate, disaffirm, abolish, negate, extinguish, nullify, obliterate, retract, neutralize, dissolve, undo, annul, efface, veto
negate (part of speech: verb)
obliterate (part of speech: verb)
rid (part of speech: verb)
dispose, relegate, leave, abandon, disown, part with, discard, forsake, dispel, let go, renounce, forgo, shed, relinquish, capitulate, reject, drop, release, abdicate, vent, vacate, rid, waive, jettison, disclaim, desert, dismiss, surrender
- Cancel them, and here, perpetual and irrevocable, shall right of freedom be yours, and welcome. - "The Unknown Sea", Clemence Housman.
- Cancel my indebtedness with these seven horses that I brought here with me. - "Four Arthurian Romances "Erec et Enide", "Cliges", "Yvain", and "Lancelot"", Chretien DeTroyes.
- Cancel the inheritance, and you have broken off the executor's court- seal. - "The Ego and His Own", Max Stirner.