Definition of candy:
- A more or less solid article of confectionery made by boiling sugar or molasses to the desired consistency, and than crystallizing, molding, or working in the required shape. It is often flavored or colored, and sometimes contains fruit, nuts, etc.
- A weight, at Madras 500 pounds, at Bombay 560 pounds.
- To be formed into candy; to solidify in a candylike form or mass.
- To conserve or boil in sugar; as, to candy fruits; to candy ginger.
- To have sugar crystals form in or on; as, fruits preserved in sugar candy after a time.
- To incrust with sugar or with candy, or with that which resembles sugar or candy.
- To make sugar crystals of or in; to form into a mass resembling candy; as, to candy sirup.
fruit roll, sweeten, after-dinner mint, marzipan, chocolate truffle, praline, jelly bean, licorice fondant, sourball, maple, honey, cinnamon imperial, sea foam, like, sugar, confectionery, vanilla, glaze over, rock, glass over, gum drop, halvah, gild, sweetmeat, panocha, jawbreaker, marchpane, molasses, orange, sugarcoat, confect, sweet, coconut bar, hard, coconut, glass, pistachio paste, confit, spun-sugar all-day sucker, Turkish delight, cotton candy, lemon, crystallized fruit, glaze.