Definition of canine :
1. A canine tooth.
2. Of or pertaining to the family Canidae, or dogs and wolves; having the nature or qualities of a dog; like that or those of a dog.
3. Of or pertaining to the pointed tooth on each side the incisors.
animal (part of speech: noun)
tooth (part of speech: noun)
animalistic (part of speech: adjective)
- The canine or eye- teeth are relatively smaller in the gorilla than in primitive mammals; they are still smaller in the lower races of man; while in ordinary civilised man they do not project above the others. - "Thomas Henry Huxley; A Sketch Of His Life And Work", P. Chalmers Mitchell.
- Next to these, on each side, are situated the canine teeth, or tusks, which are longer than the other teeth, and, being pointed, are used to tear the food. - "The Book of Household Management", Mrs. Isabella Beeton.
- Lola's experience had been very similar to Garlock's own, except in that her monster was an intense green in color and looked something like a bat about four feet long, with six- inch canine teeth and several stingers.... - "The Galaxy Primes", Edward Elmer Smith.