Definition of canny:
cagey, cautious, able, discerning, sharp-witted, cozy, watchful, hardheaded, hard-boiled, prudent, cagy, snug, clear-sighted, ability, save, saving, clever, academic, apt, smart, chary, savvy, careful, economical, frugal, careful, provident, heady, sparing, scotch, comfy, relaxed, discreet, thrifty, clear-eyed.
- intelligent (part of speech: adjective)
- cunning (part of speech: adjective)
- intuitive (part of speech: adjective)
- knowing (part of speech: adjective)
witty (part of speech: adjective)
- "54-40 or Fight", Emerson Hough.
- "Between You and Me", Sir Harry Lauder.
- "The Day of Judgment", Joseph Hocking.