Definition of cap:
- A collar of iron or wood used in joining spars, as the mast and the topmast, the bowsprit and the jib boom; also, a covering of tarred canvas at the end of a rope.
- A covering for the head.
- A large size of writing paper; as, flat cap; foolscap; legal cap.
- A percussion cap. See under Percussion.
- A portion of a spherical or other convex surface.
- A respectful uncovering of the head.
- Anything resembling a cap in form, position, or use
- One of lace, muslin, etc., for women, or infants
- One used as the mark or ensign of some rank, office, or dignity, as that of a cardinal.
- One usually with a visor but without a brim, for men and boys
- Something covering the top or end of a thing for protection or ornament.
- The removable cover of a journal box.
- The top, or uppermost part; the chief.
- The uppermost of any assemblage of parts; as, the cap of column, door, etc.; a capital, coping, cornice, lintel, or plate.
- The whole top of the head of a bird from the base of the bill to the nape of the neck.
- To complete; to crown; to bring to the highest point or consummation; as, to cap the climax of absurdity.
- To cover with a cap, or as with a cap; to provide with a cap or cover; to cover the top or end of; to place a cap upon the proper part of; as, to cap a post; to cap a gun.
- To deprive of cap.
- To match; to mate in contest; to furnish a complement to; as, to cap text; to cap proverbs.
- To salute by removing the cap.
- To uncover the head respectfully.
toadstool, bathing cap, poll, smash a record, pileus, magic mushroom, put on, the brow, ceiling, uppercase, punk, block off, thug, bearskin, capsule, top off, contain, exhaust hood, medicine, cavity, detonator, dominate, jacket crown, blanket, compartment, cairn, matter, upstage, tablet, puffball, construction paper, control, check, jacket, boundary, braces, low tide, brink, flood tide, divide, mushroom, trump, bar, pate, pill, building block, cure, breaker, lens hood, lid, overflow, regulate, catapult, strong-armer, crownwork, dollhouse, figure, close up, bridge, escarpment, boater, nail, make history, mycology, jam something open/shut, goon, capital, crag, capital letter, bandanna, crest, dose, hat, baseball cap, pennant, fungal, seal, restrict, bung, mouth, fasten, detonating device, vertex, shut, bolt, limitation, distinguish yourself, shine, diadem, height, biretta, excite, beret, keep down, beanbag, chapiter, doll's house, hoodlum, confine, nipple, perform, balaclava, hood, lip, high water, caries, determine, high, stopper, close off, majuscule, lie at the heart of something, constraint, beanie, lozenge, toughie, clay, amalgam, treetop, loom large, high tide, emphasize, count, lock out, signify, cowl, restraint, upper-case letter, backwash, spread, cowling, range, flip top, billow, dentistry, come before, curb, button mushroom, balloon, brae, working capital, overlay, bonnet, over, confines, cork, action figure, cover, mildew, restriction, tough, high water mark, truffle.
- end (part of speech: verb)
- summit (part of speech: noun)
- top (part of speech: noun)
- excel (part of speech: verb)
- "Stories of Birds", Lenore Elizabeth Mulets.
- "Charles O'Malley, The Irish Dragoon, Volume 2 (of 2)", Charles Lever.
- "The Heart of the Range", William Patterson White.