Definition of capsule:
- a dry fruit or pod which is made up of several parts or carpels, and opens to discharge the seeds, as, the capsule of the poppy, the flax, the lily, etc.
- A membranous sac containing fluid, or investing an organ or joint; as, the capsule of the lens of the eye. Also, a capsulelike organ.
- A metallic seal or cover for closing a bottle.
- A small cup or shell, as of metal, for a percussion cap, cartridge, etc.
- A small cylindrical or spherical gelatinous envelope in which nauseous or acrid doses are inclosed to be swallowed.
- A small saucer of clay for roasting or melting samples of ores, etc.; a scorifier.
- a small, shallow, evaporating dish, usually of porcelain.
capsulate, ejector seat, space capsule, condensing, condensation, spacecraft, medicine, contraction, condensate, encapsulate, satellite, abridgement, capsulise, compression, abridgment, pill, cap, tablet, ejection seat, capsulize.
- "A Bicycle of Cathay", Frank R. Stockton.
- "Manual of Surgery Volume Second: Extremities--Head--Neck. Sixth Edition.", Alexander Miles Alexis Thomson.
- "The Book of Household Management", Mrs. Isabella Beeton.