Definition of caravan:
- A company of travelers, pilgrims, or merchants, organized and equipped for a long journey, or marching or traveling together, esp. through deserts and countries infested by robbers or hostile tribes, as in Asia or Africa.
- A covered vehicle for carrying passengers or for moving furniture, etc.; - sometimes shorted into van.
- A large, covered wagon, or a train of such wagons, for conveying wild beasts, etc., for exhibition; an itinerant show, as of wild beasts.
vanguard, expedition, cavalcade, van, avant-garde, column, band, train, power train, new wave, parade, motorcade, convoy, safari, gearing, railroad train, wagon train, string, journey, procession, pack train, geartrain, gear, camels.
- "Growth of the Soil", Knut Hamsun.
- "Monsieur Violet", Frederick Marryat.
- "Patsy", S. R. Crockett.