Definition of careful:
- Filling with care or solicitude; exposing to concern, anxiety, or trouble; painful.
- Full of care; anxious; solicitous.
- Taking care; giving good heed; watchful; cautious; provident; not indifferent, heedless, or reckless; - often followed by of, for, or the infinitive; as, careful of money; careful to do right.
mindful, mensural, unhurried, self-disciplined, solid, metric, awake, conscientious, apprehensive, sparing, wakeful, stealthy, advertent, too-careful, exact, overexact, on the lookout, detailed, troubled, hard to please, keeping a nose to the wind, leaving no margin for error, gingerly, protective, thorough, mensurable, conservative, sure-footed, cool, assiduous, thrifty, sober, putting the right foot forward, wide-awake, farsighted, provident, paying attention, close, economical, going to great lengths, on guard, noncommittal, metrical, particular, sleepless, leery, on the alert, forehanded, certain, canny, calm, minute, studious, chary, making haste slowly, self-possessed, sure, aware, religious, ing how the land lies, cautious, calculating, taking measures, blow-by-blow, measured, narrow, scrupulous, calculated, painstaking, frugal, suspicious, elaborate, overcareful, deliberate, heedful, elaborated.
- cautious (part of speech: adjective)
- attentive (part of speech: adjective)
- circumspect (part of speech: adjective)
fastidious (part of speech: adjective)
- vigilant (part of speech: adjective)