Definition of caress :
1. An act of endearment; any act or expression of affection; an embracing, or touching, with tenderness.
2. To treat with tokens of fondness, affection, or kindness; to touch or speak to in a loving or endearing manner; to fondle.
caress (part of speech: noun)
touch (part of speech: verb)
endear (part of speech: verb)
- Even then Baxter's eyes attracted me: he always glanced up at me as I passed, and his look had in it something of a caress. - "Adventures In Contentment", David Grayson AKA: Ray Stannard Baker.
- One more caress, and he passed out into the hall- blindly. - "Anthony Lyveden", Dornford Yates.
- Then he put his hand upon her hair, as though he would caress her. - "Can You Forgive Her?", Anthony Trollope.