Definition of caricature :
1. A picture or other figure or description in which the peculiarities of a person or thing are so exaggerated as to appear ridiculous; a burlesque; a parody.
2. An exaggeration, or distortion by exaggeration, of parts or characteristics, as in a picture.
3. To make or draw a caricature of; to represent with ridiculous exaggeration; to burlesque.
exaggerated (part of speech: adjective)
exaggeration (part of speech: noun)
exaggerate (part of speech: verb)
imitation (part of speech: noun)
impersonation, replication, pretense, mirror, carbon, pseudo, parody, mimicry, echo, duplication, sham, reproduction, reflection, spoof, counterfeit, emulation, parallel, imitation, representation, simulation, resemblance, duplicate, copy, portrayal
ridicule (part of speech: verb)
jesting, deprecation, insult, joke, irony, quip, kid, denigration, ride, mock, irreverence, scoff, rag, jeer, shame, derision, deprecate, razz, sneer, abasement burlesque, flippancy, sneering, mockery, humiliate, deride, ridicule, scorn, disgrace, travesty, humiliation, fun, taunt, mimic, jest, denigrate, contempt, roast, gibe, indignity
misrepresentation (part of speech: noun)
- In it I saw an exaggeration of Pyne's defects and the caricature of his good qualities. - "The Autobiography of a Journalist, Volume I", William James Stillman.
- This individual could best be described as " sandy" in appearance, there was simply nothing about him to caricature, I thought in despair! - "Fanny Goes to War", Pat Beauchamp.
- A framed caricature of himself returned the stare. - "Greener Than You Think", Ward Moore.