Definition of carrot :
1. An umbelliferous biennial plant ( Daucus Carota), of many varieties.
2. The esculent root of cultivated varieties of the plant, usually spindle- shaped, and of a reddish yellow color.
cultivated carrot, Daucus carota sativa
reward (part of speech: noun)
atonement, enticement, consideration, payment, award, allowance, honorarium, wages, plum, inducement, remuneration, tribute, compensation, incentive, bonus, gift, sweetener, lure, sweepstakes, bounty, stimulation, allotment, prize, stipend, tip, wage, treat, amends, reward, temptation, grant, gratuity
vegetable (part of speech: noun)
sweet potato, green beans, Brussels sprouts, radish, peas, pepper, mushroom, cabbage, chard, turnip, onion, spinach, leek, cauliflower, squash, yam, celery, vegetable, zucchini, romain, lentils, rice, broccoli, tomato, collard greens, chive, eggplant, string beans, okra, beet, parsley, rutabaga, shallot, pumpkin, potato, lettuce, maize, Lima beans, artichoke, endive, asparagus, corn, parsnip, water cress, beans, cucumber
- At school I was always Brick- top or Red- Head and out here the natives all look at my carrot- colored top- knot as if they'd like to scalp me and keep it for a fetish." - "The Boy Aviators in Africa", Captain Wilbur Lawton.
- And when she comed out there was just a little bit of carrot sticking to her nose, and her tail was all over cabbage leaf. - "Milly and Olly", Mrs. Humphry Ward.
- And you must have been a real carrot top when you were a little boy. - "The Enchanted Canyon", HonorÃ© Willsie Morrow.