Definition of cartoon:
- A design or study drawn of the full size, to serve as a model for transferring or copying; - used in the making of mosaics, tapestries, fresco pantings and the like; as, the cartoons of Raphael.
- A large pictorial sketch, as in a journal or magazine; esp. a pictorial caricature; as, the cartoons of Puck.
- drawing (part of speech: noun)
representation (part of speech: noun)
- representative (part of speech: adjective)
- misrepresentation (part of speech: noun)
- "The Tapestry Book", Helen Churchill Candee.
- "A Wanderer in Florence", E. V. Lucas.
- "The Forerunners", Romain Rolland.