Definition of castle:
- A fortified residence, especially that of a prince or nobleman; a fortress.
- A piece, made to represent a castle, used in the game of chess; a rook.
- A small tower, as on a ship, or an elephant's back.
- Any strong, imposing, and stately mansion.
- To move the castle to the square next to king, and then the king around the castle to the square next beyond it, for the purpose of covering the king.
- "Under a Charm, Vol. III. (of III) A Novel", E. Werner.
- "Famous Stories Every Child Should Know", Various.
- "Household Tales by Brothers Grimm", Grimm Brothers.