Definition of cataract:
- A great fall of water over a precipice; a large waterfall.
- A kind of hydraulic brake for regulating the action of pumping engines and other machines; - sometimes called dashpot.
- An opacity of the crystalline lens, or of its capsule, which prevents the passage of the rays of light and impairs or destroys the sight.
the blind, bight, bed, channel, eye, astigmatism, branch, blind spot, binocular vision, overflow, alluvion, eyesight, flood tide, confluence, spate, torrent, backwater, cataclysm, bath, bayou, cascade, downpour, deluge, freshet, inundation, big, Niagara, double vision, rapids, deluge, 20/20 vision, eagle eye, bottom, torrent, fall.
- "The Wonder Island Boys: Exploring the Island", Roger Thompson Finlay.
- "Cord and Creese", James de Mille.
- "The Niagara River", Archer Butler Hulbert.