Definition of cause :
1. A suit or action in court; any legal process by which a party endeavors to obtain his claim, or what he regards as his right; case; ground of action.
2. Abbreviation of Because.
3. Any subject of discussion or debate; matter; question; affair in general.
4. Sake; interest; advantage.
5. That which is the occasion of an action or state; ground; reason; motive; as, cause for rejoicing.
6. That which produces or effects a result; that from which anything proceeds, and without which it would not exist.
7. The side of a question, which is espoused, advocated, and upheld by a person or party; a principle which is advocated; that which a person or party seeks to attain.
8. To assign or show cause; to give a reason; to make excuse.
9. To effect as an agent; to produce; to be the occasion of; to bring about; to bring into existence; to make; - usually followed by an infinitive, sometimes by that with a finite verb.
font, perform, come, own, get down, attempt, arouse, trend, piss, build, reasonableness, arrest, typeface, energise, manage, social movement, create, origin, coif, casing, bring, fix, reason, travail, possess, stir, circumstances, stick, make water, wherefore, suffer, why, earn, realize, capture, develop, suit of clothes, brace, experience, eccentric, commence, sheath, bewilder, sustain, goal, parkway, defecate, precedent, fountain, driving, occasion, effort, conviction, guinea pig, plan, take a crap, perk up, hasten, accept, ground, fare, hunting expedition, begin, problem, energize, crusade, find, courtship, pass water, urinate, ready, take in, amaze, get to, wee-wee, power, get along, touch off, make believe, case, causal agency, intellect, ingest, set, object, acquire, reach, start, hit, scram, bugger off, feature, flummox, give, justification, endeavour, designer, face, wee, suit, perplex, nonplus, seduce, lay down, beginning, pillow slip, typesetter's case, progress to, constitute, crap, set about, endeavor, do, receive, pose, military campaign, serve, necessity, secure, take a shit, name, exploit, realise, lawsuit, pee, form, get, call, subject, ingenerate, induct, baffle, practise, vitrine, become, catch, pay off, puzzle, pillowcase, motion, incur, construct, example, explanation, arrange, political campaign, go, move, event, micturate, ideal, clear, exercise, set out, bring on, trigger, hold, type, spend a penny, stool, condition, gain, arrive, grow, stimulation, instigator, bear, have, shake up, fault, faith, take a leak, deliver, inducement, creator, attain, spring, arrive at, causal agent, situation, aim, causality, driving force, try, mother, causa, pay back, safari, display case, purpose, matter, ca-ca, give birth, grammatical case, private road, behave, creed, rush, excite, father, vex, apparent movement, showcase, beat, result in, element, circumstance, piddle, thrust, instigation, beget, nominate, sweat, causation, prime mover, get under one's skin, result, elbow grease, front, shell, consume, score, dress, coiffure, former, stupefy, motivation, mystify, actor, curtilage, evidence, antecedent, shake, bring forth, fount, fetch, cook, answer, practice, doer, agent, courting, rationality, caseful, law, motility, obtain, pee-pee, let, originator, effectuate, understanding, buzz off, foundation, bring in, run, pull in, take, start out, principles, lead to, prepare, set off, compositor's case, incitement, shit, author, make up, convey, wooing, dumbfound, movement, slip, coiffe, apparent motion, draw, objective, bm, campaign, driveway, yard, contract, drift, suffice, gravel, bowel movement, relieve oneself, establish, belief, work, exertion, pretend, sire, have got, ride, feat, character, make out, birth, puddle, instance, throw
cause (part of speech: verb)
origination, engender, give rise to, effect, compunction, generate, drive, execution, basis, generation, engineer, inspire, provoke, effectuation, stimulus, make, inspiration, mainspring, execute, grounds, evoke, factor, root, act, motivate, motive, bring about, motivator, enforcement, compulsion, produce, force, originate, provocation, action, determinant, enforce, elicitation, evocation, source, induce, elicit
compel (part of speech: verb)
daunt, urge, browbeat, coerce, spark, hijack, intimidate, dragoon, pressure, galvanize, propel, compel, impel, dictate, bulldoze, mandate, incite, oblige, press, push, nag, foment, stimulate, bully, goad, stress
- I answered, " unless you take pity on me, and promise to become my wife, they will indeed cause my death." - "Sidonia The Sorceress V1", William Mienhold.
- You will work for the cause; you will give your life for it if necessary. - "Brink of Madness", Walter J. Sheldon.
- I wonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ t speak all of it Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ cause I guess you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ t want to hear all of it. - "Letters of the Motor Girl", Ethellyn Gardner.