Definition of Cautioning:
- advising (part of speech: verb)
- warning (part of speech: verb)
- cautioning (part of speech: verb)
He divided our company into squads of six, not reckoning in either Jacob or me, and these he gave stations at different points within a mile of the settlement, cautioning every one to be on the alert, for now had come the time when it was possible for them to prove the value of the Minute Boys as soldiers.- "The Minute Boys of the Mohawk Valley", James Otis.
- "The Return of Tharn", Howard Carleton Browne.
- "Kent Knowles: Quahaug", Joseph C. Lincoln.