Definition of censure:
- Judgment either favorable or unfavorable; opinion.
- Judicial or ecclesiastical sentence or reprimand; condemnatory judgment.
- The act of blaming or finding fault with and condemning as wrong; reprehension; blame.
- To condemn or reprimand by a judicial or ecclesiastical sentence.
- To find fault with and condemn as wrong; to blame; to express disapprobation of.
- To form or express a judgment in regard to; to estimate; to judge.
- To judge.
incriminate, fault, cite, lambast, reprehend, call on the carpet, reprobation, elision, prosecute, rag, deplore, jaw, arraign, praise, take to task, exception, criminate, chew up, chew out, reproof, ejection, excommunication, call down, trounce, knock, summon, impeach, rap, dress down, animadversion, cut up, lecture, berate, lambaste, riddance, pan, excision, scold, exclusion, reprehension, expulsion, denunciation, have words, bawl out, reprimand, remonstrate, reprobate.
- blame (part of speech: verb)
- accusation (part of speech: noun)
- criticism (part of speech: noun)
- criticize (part of speech: verb)
- disapprove (part of speech: verb)
- "Parent and Child Vol. III., Child Study and Training", Mosiah Hall.
- "Imaginary Interviews", W. D. Howells.
- "Dawn", Mrs. Harriet A. Adams.