Definition of centre:
- Alt. of punch
- Alt. of seal
- See Center.
- To be collected to a point; to be concentrated; to rest on, or gather about, as a center.
- To be placed in a center; to be central.
- To collect to a point; to concentrate.
- To form a recess or indentation for the reception of a center.
- To place or fix in the center or on a central point.
heart and soul, condense, focalise, inwardness, aggregate, magnetic core, amount of money, effect, reduce, totality, nerve center, total, spirit, substance, pith, concenter, center, sum of money, plaza, marrow, pore, revolve around, centre of attention, centerfield, meat, centralize, sum total, boil down, union, burden, midpoint, marrow squash, center of attention, essence, shopping mall, concentre, perfume, sum, contract, amount, focus on, focus, concentrate on, sharpen, message, nerve, center on, midsection, nerve centre, concentrate, pump, vegetable marrow, mettle, shopping center, bone marrow, content, eye, core, affection, subject matter, summation, decoct, kernel, tenderness, nucleus, join, revolve about, digest, shopping centre, optic, oculus, centralise, nubble, core group, nub, internality, focalize, ticker, warmness, bosom, affectionateness, fondness, gist, rivet, heart, means, stub, center field, mall, warmheartedness, philia, nitty-gritty, spunk, meaning, middle, midriff, snapper.
- "The Captives", Hugh Walpole.
- "My Reminiscences of the Anglo-Boer War", Ben Viljoen.
- "The Happy Foreigner", Enid Bagnold.