Definition of century:
- A division of the Roman people formed according to their property, for the purpose of voting for civil officers.
- A hundred; as, a century of sonnets; an aggregate of a hundred things.
- A period of a hundred years; as, this event took place over two centuries ago.
- One of sixty companies into which a legion of the army was divided. It was Commanded by a centurion.
blow, degree centigrade, degree Celsius, c, carbon, ascorbic acid, snow, centenary, centred, vitamin C, one C, biannual, cytosine, speed of light, coke, deoxycytidine monophosphate, b., 100, annual, coulomb, A.D., ampere-second, hundred, academic year, B.C.E., calendar, biannual, atomic number 6, 00s, B.C., light speed, nose candy.
- "From the Housetops", George Barr McCutcheon.
- "The Green Mummy", Fergus Hume.
It was very like the present, but without the experience of the present; and forty years of experience in government is worth a century of book- reading: and this they would say themselves, were they to rise from the dead.- "Memoir, Correspondence, And Miscellanies, From The Papers Of Thomas Jefferson", Thomas Jefferson.