Definition of cereal :
1. Any grass cultivated for its edible grain, or the grain itself; - usually in the plural.
2. Of or pertaining to the grasses which are cultivated for their edible seeds ( as wheat, maize, rice, etc.), or to their seeds or grain.
grain, clone, caryopsis, cereal grass, bush, basmati, buckwheat, breakfast food, bean, all-purpose flour, bedding plant, food grain, bran, breakfast cereal, metric grain, bulgur, brown rice, alpine, annual, brassica, cornflakes, corn, cactus, texture, arrowroot, climber
- Given an abundant crop, low prices, and high freight rates in the great cereal belt, and, be the farmers never so poor, much of the grain will be stored and held against the chance of better conditions. - "The Grafters", Francis Lynde.
- She hastily drank the milk, but had no appetite for the cereal. - "Dorothy at Oak Knowe", Evelyn Raymond.
- Willow ate a bowl of cold cereal with milk and then rode into town. - "Joe Burke's Last Stand", John Moncure Wetterau.