Definition of ceremonial:
- A system of rules and ceremonies, enjoined by law, or established by custom, in religious worship, social intercourse, or the courts of princes; outward form.
- Observant of forms; ceremonious. [ In this sense ceremonious is now preferred.]
- Relating to ceremony, or external rite; ritual; according to the forms of established rites.
- The order for rites and forms in the Roman Catholic church, or the book containing the rules prescribed to be observed on solemn occasions.
- "Si'Wren of the Patriarchs", Roland Cheney.
- "The Life of Napoleon I (Volumes, 1 and 2)", John Holland Rose.
- "One of Our Conquerors, Complete", George Meredith Last Updated: March 7, 2009.