Definition of certain:
- A certain number or quantity.
- Actually existing; sure to happen; inevitable.
- Assured in mind; having no doubts; free from suspicions concerning.
- Determined; resolved; - used with an infinitive.
- Fixed or stated; regular; determinate.
- Not specifically named; indeterminate; indefinite; one or some; - sometimes used independenty as a noun, and meaning certain persons.
- Not to be doubted or denied; established as a fact.
- Unfailing; infallible.
questionless, untroubled, unfailing, trusted, special, regular, unambiguous, undisputed, infallible, self-confident, sealed, precise, original, make certain, genuine, appreciable, inevitable, undoubting, secure, accurate, believing, safe, destined, satisfied, be confident, express, change, uncertain, fixed, authoritative, concluded, determined, unassailable, sound, individual, infallible, one, unavoidable, inevitable, sure-fire, have no doubt, real, particular, plain, settled, unperturbed, authorized, feel sure, legitimate, inarguable, marked, some, especial, hard, inescapable, doubtful, evident, current, undoubting, unwavering, undisturbed, firm, sound, received, know, secure, specified, accepted, undisputable, specific, determined, accredited, plastered, unerring, guaranteed, singular, unassailable, several, have confidence, inescapable, unerring, calm, unconcerned.
- affirmative (part of speech: adjective)
- categorical (part of speech: adjective)
- absolute (part of speech: adjective)
certain (part of speech: adjective)
- true (part of speech: adjective)
- reliable (part of speech: adjective)