Definition of certify:
bear witness, indorse, grant, shew, concede, avow, plunk for, obligation, show, recognize, tell, swear, disclose, present, confess, march, licence, second, evidence, demo, demonstrate, allow, take the stand, endorse, manifest, guaranty, accredit, back, attest, license, own, plump for.
- evince (part of speech: verb)
- ascertain (part of speech: verb)
- guarantee (part of speech: verb)
- prove (part of speech: verb)
- approve (part of speech: verb)
- authorize (part of speech: verb)
- affirm (part of speech: verb)
It was in vain for me to protest that the government had nothing to do with determining the value of a gold piece except to certify its weight and fineness; that the piece of gold was intrinsically worth its face as mere metal, and all the rest of the obvious facts of the case.- "Recollections of a Varied Life", George Cary Eggleston.
- "Aids to Forensic Medicine and Toxicology", W. G. Aitchison Robertson.
- "Some Experiences of an Irish R.M.", E. OE. Somerville Martin Ross.