Definition of chalk:
- A soft, earthy substance, of a white, grayish, or yellowish white color, consisting of calcium carbonate, and having the same composition as common limestone.
- Finely prepared chalk, used as a drawing implement; also, by extension, a compound, as of clay and black lead, or the like, used in the same manner. See Crayon.
- To make white, as with chalk; to make pale; to bleach.
- To manure with chalk, as land.
- To rub or mark with chalk.
ice rink, methamphetamine, churl, sparkler, trash, spyglass, drinking glass, trumpery, fruitcake, starter, glass, icing, applesauce, rubbish, crosspatch, grump, ice, field glass, methamphetamine hydrochloride, crank, looking glass, codswallop, deoxyephedrine, chicken feed, frosting, ice-skating rink, crackpot, nut case, scrap, water ice, meth, shabu, grouch, frappe, scratch, internal-combustion engine, folderol, scum, tripe, nut, screwball, wish-wash, glassful.
- "The Student's Elements of Geology", Sir Charles Lyell.
- "Modern Magic", Maximilian Schele de Vere.
- "Blackboard Drawing", Frederick Whitney.