Definition of chance :
1. A possibility; a likelihood; an opportunity; - with reference to a doubtful result; as, a chance to escape; a chance for life; the chances are all against him.
2. A supposed material or psychical agent or mode of activity other than a force, law, or purpose; fortune; fate; - in this sense often personified.
3. By chance; perchance.
4. Happening by chance; casual.
6. The operation or activity of such agent.
7. The supposed effect of such an agent; something that befalls, as the result of unknown or unconsidered forces; the issue of uncertain conditions; an event not calculated upon; an unexpected occurrence; a happening; accident; fortuity; casualty.
8. To befall; to happen to.
9. To happen, come, or arrive, without design or expectation.
10. To take the chances of; to venture upon; - usually with it as object.
misadventure, break, occur, receive, demote, jeopardy, kick downstairs, future, rule, the initiative, view, meet, threat, materialise, promise, peril, likely, coincidental, portion, observe, inadvertent, determine, come up, hap, go on, potentiality, come about, incur, candidate, jeopardize, happening, lay on the line, befall, disaster, fall into, endangerment, recover, circumstances, put on the line, casualty, attempt, bump into, find oneself, incident, dare, misfortune, certain, tumble on, get, relegate, take on, encounter, safety, sporting chance, dislodge, regain, choice, rush into, unpremeditated, destiny, stake, unintended, find out, run across, line up, by accident, opening, arbitrary, contingency, plunge in, see, window of opportunity, play, detect, find, bechance, spontaneous, panorama, stumble into, feel, involuntary, ascertain, pass, retrieve, surprise, mishap, aspect, medical prognosis, run a risk, discover, pretend, vista, occasion, come across, scope, calamity, plunge into, take a chance, knock, instinctive, obtain, run into, scene, possibilities, unwitting, prognosis, take chances, bump, take place, fall out, guess, unplanned, materialize, run the risk (of something), access, odds, tumble into, throw/cast caution to the wind(s), impromptu, happen to do something, improvise, get hold, witness, notice, fortuitousness, try, shot, outlook, prospect, drift, live dangerously, happen, incidental, expectation, meet up with, lot, pass off, happenchance
accidental (part of speech: adjective)
chancy (part of speech: adjective)
probability (part of speech: noun)
chance (part of speech: verb)
fortuity, accident, haphazardness, gamble, bet, randomness, coin toss, purposelessness, hazard, aimlessness, adventure, fortune, speculate, fluke, venture, luck, risk, wager, coincidence, fate, happenstance, opportunity