Definition of chancery:
- In England, formerly, the highest court of judicature next to the Parliament, exercising jurisdiction at law, but chiefly in equity; but under the jurisdiction act of 1873 it became the chancery division of the High Court of Justice, and now exercises jurisdiction only in equity.
- In the Unites States, a court of equity; equity; proceeding in equity.
court of chancery.
- "Sketches of Reforms and Reformers, of Great Britain and Ireland", Henry B. Stanton.
- "Newton Forster", Frederick Marryat.
- "The Bertrams", Anthony Trollope.