Definition of channel:
- A gutter; a groove, as in a fluted column.
- A strait, or narrow sea, between two portions of lands; as, the British Channel.
- Flat ledges of heavy plank bolted edgewise to the outside of a vessel, to increase the spread of the shrouds and carry them clear of the bulwarks.
- That through which anything passes; means of passing, conveying, or transmitting; as, the news was conveyed to us by different channels.
- The deeper part of a river, harbor, strait, etc., where the main current flows, or which affords the best and safest passage for vessels.
- The hollow bed where a stream of water runs or may run.
- To course through or over, as in a channel.
- To form a channel in; to cut or wear a channel or channels in; to groove.
job, business line, contain, pass on, neck, canyon, assembly line, street, billet, extend, vein, channelize, get, melodic phrase, groove, ship, telephone line, dribble, track, slit, broadcast, behave, lane, air, point, enrapture, product line, direct, note, transplant, line of business, pass, watercourse, hold, pack, occupation, line of descent, path, melodic line, carrier, pathway, pedigree, dividing line, transpose, tube, deep water, artery, distribution channel, subscriber line, credit line, post, enthrall, strait, seam, line, strain, alley, line of work, route, bank line, melody, allow, business, bring, telephone circuit, stockpile, steer, delight, main, change, race, lend, personal line of credit, take, epithelial duct, transfer, ridge, sway, argumentation, ancestry, comport, road, maneuver, edge, agate line, carry, remove, ravish, line of credit, bear, phone line, canalise, transmission line, lead, flow, wrinkle, stock, give, flood, fetch, water, line of reasoning, line of merchandise, leave, bloodline, manoeuvre, vallecula, gouge, have a bun in the oven, expect, enthral, acquit, descent, communication channel, deal, blood, deport, driveway, argument, add, railway line, crinkle, passageway, rail line, TV channel, lineage, gestate, roadway, transport, run, highway, crest, conduct, stemma, duct, cable, shift, short letter, beam, tunnel, transmission channel, transmit, communicate, highroad, contribute, focalize, thoroughfare, convey, concentrate, contrast, demarcation, personal credit line, enchant, moat, logical argument, current, carry on, tune, avenue, impart, crease, parentage, express, guide, center, television channel, sound, blood line, reassign, canal, send, bestow, production line, origin, line of products, pipeline, manoeuver, canalize, persuade, bridle-path, converge, channelise, head, focus.
- conduit (part of speech: noun)
- groove (part of speech: verb)
- "Lessons of the war with Spain and other articles", Alfred T. Mahan.
- "My Strangest Case", Guy Boothby.
- "The Coast of Adventure", Harold Bindloss.