Definition of chap:
- A blow; a rap.
- A buyer; a chapman.
- A cleft, crack, or chink, as in the surface of the earth, or in the skin.
- A division; a breach, as in a party.
- A man or boy; a youth; a fellow.
- One of the jaws or cheeks of a vise, etc.
- One of the jaws or the fleshy covering of a jaw; - commonly in the plural, and used of animals, and colloquially of human beings.
- To bargain; to buy.
- To cause to open in slits or chinks; to split; to cause the skin of to crack or become rough.
- To crack or open in slits; as, the earth chaps; the hands chap.
- To strike; to knock; to rap.
fracture, fissure, lad, colleague, gap, sonny boy, cleft, companion, feller, whirl, beings, pesterer, curse, young man, quip, fling, sonny, cuss, lumberjack, boyfriend, cranny, offer, laddie, gent, fellow, associate, cracking, lumberman, swearing, swearword, pass, cub, swain, gadfly, buster, oath, crack cocaine, wisecrack, bloke, crack, beau, sally, fella, snap, pest, dude, faller, confrere, connect, scissure, crevice, blighter, familiar, curse word, logger, go, comrade, tornado, shot, mate, expletive.