Definition of chapter:
- A bishop's council.
- A business meeting of any religious community.
- A chapter house.
- A community of canons or canonesses.
- A decretal epistle.
- A division of a book or treatise; as, Genesis has fifty chapters.
- A location or compartment.
- A meeting of certain organized societies or orders.
- An assembly of monks, or of the prebends and other clergymen connected with a cathedral, conventual, or collegiate church, or of a diocese, usually presided over by the dean.
- An organized branch of some society or fraternity as of the Freemasons.
- To correct; to bring to book, i. e., to demand chapter and verse.
- To divide into chapters, as a book.
abbess, place, flash mob, phase, commission, panel, point, archbishop, episode, delay, acknowledgments, countdown, archdeacon, bishopric, distance, police, artwork, club, archbishopric, inch, flash mobbing, association, council, local branch, division, binding, addendum, notch, organization, peg, body, support group, affiliate, blurb, day, afterword, bishop, date, canon, era, cardinal, the Archbishop of Canterbury, back, cell, section, step, stage, duration, branch, epoch, local, grade, abbot, block, cut, appendix.
- book (part of speech: noun)
- "The Wonder Island Boys: Exploring the Island", Roger Thompson Finlay.
- "The Cardinal's Snuff-Box", Henry Harland.
- "The History of the European Fauna", R. F. Scharff.