Definition of charitable:
- Dictated by kindness; favorable; lenient.
- Full of love and good will; benevolent; kind.
- Liberal in benefactions to the poor; giving freely; generous; beneficent.
- Liberal in judging of others; disposed to look on the best side, and to avoid harsh judgment.
- Of or pertaining to charity; springing from, or intended for, charity; relating to almsgiving; eleemosynary; as, a charitable institution.
good-hearted, pitying, openhearted, study at philanthropic, likeable, sympathetic, large-hearted, beneficent, tender-hearted, kind, philanthropical, kind-hearted, indulgent, philanthropic, appealing, eleemosynary, harmonic, attitude, kindly, human, freehearted, benignant, give, accept, benevolent, easy, likable, forgiving, merciful.
- benevolent (part of speech: adjective)
- mild (part of speech: adjective)
- generous (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Story of Louie", Oliver Onions.
- "The Belovéd Traitor", Frank L. Packard.
- "Lalage's Lovers 1911", George A. Birmingham.