Definition of charity:
- A charitable institution, or a gift to create and support such an institution; as, Lady Margaret's charity.
- Eleemosynary appointments [ grants or devises] including relief of the poor or friendless, education, religious culture, and public institutions.
- Liberality in judging of men and their actions; a disposition which inclines men to put the best construction on the words and actions of others.
- Liberality to the poor and the suffering, to benevolent institutions, or to worthy causes; generosity.
- Love; universal benevolence; good will.
- Whatever is bestowed gratuitously on the needy or suffering for their relief; alms; any act of kindness.
Polymonium caeruleum van-bruntiae, forgiveness, almsgiving, give, offering, sympathy, leniency, subscription, foundation, Polemonium caeruleum, jack ladder, toleration, welfare, handout, Greek valerian, bounty, fund, mercy, Polemonium van-bruntiae, humanity, contribution, kind-heartedness, kindliness, benefaction, mercifulness, donation, pilot ladder, attitude, brotherly love, accept, kind, kindheartedness, indulgence, benignancy, mercy, Jacob's ladder, alms, grace, lenity, gift.
- benevolence (part of speech: noun)
mildness (part of speech: noun)
- generosity (part of speech: noun)
- "Garrison's Finish A Romance of the Race-Course", W. B. M. Ferguson.
- "Ralestone Luck", Andre Norton.
- "Abraham Lincoln", John Drinkwater.