Definition of chastisement:
going-over, ruin, dressing down, disaster, rectification, bawling out, ill luck, earful, ill fortune, misery, castigation, sorrow, trouble, fudge factor, ill, hardship, upbraiding, failure, chastening, tribulation, reverse, reward, disappointment, chewing out, calamity, stroke, mishap, blow, correction, harm, adversity, trial, misadventure, misfortune, mischance, visitation, bereavement.
- disapproval (part of speech: noun)
- punishment (part of speech: noun)
- penalty (part of speech: noun)
- "The Indian Question (1874)", Francis A. Walker.
- "Autobiography of a YOGI", Paramhansa Yogananda.
- "Counsel for the Defense", Leroy Scott.