Definition of checker:
- A pattern in checks; a single check.
- A piece in the game of draughts or checkers.
- One who checks.
- To mark with small squares like a checkerboard, as by crossing stripes of different colors.
- To variegate or diversify with different qualities, colors, scenes, or events; esp., to subject to frequent alternations of prosperity and adversity.
crack, check up on, retard, stop, tally man, correspond, check into, discipline, assure, mark, match, turn back, ascertain, agree, hold back, hold, determine, inspector, examining officer, gibe, tick, insure, hold in, break, examiner, learn, go over, checking staff, mark off, arrest, condition, rechecker, suss out, moderate, watch, cashier, chequer, check, look into, tally, check over, see, tick off, ensure, control, department of weights and measures, curb, fit, check off, check out, checking department, delay, train, jibe, validator, tallier, contain, find out, controller, see to it.
The lamp cast a steady radiance on Uncle Henry bent seriously over the checker- board, on Molly's blooming, round cheeks and bright hair, on Aunt Abigail's rosy, cheerful, wrinkled old face, and on Cousin Ann's quiet, clear, dark eyes....- "Understood Betsy", Dorothy Canfield.
" And now," he said with a smile, " since we have no checker- board on deck and are entirely deprived of musical instruments of any kind, perhaps you would like to hear me tell why I was sure the mysterious island which has caused us so much grief, did not exist."- "Curlie Carson Listens In", Roy J. Snell.
- "The Forward Pass in Football", Elmer Berry.