Definition of cheer:
- A shout, hurrah, or acclamation, expressing joy enthusiasm, applause, favor, etc.
- Feeling; spirit; state of mind or heart.
- Gayety; mirth; cheerfulness; animation.
- That which promotes good spirits or cheerfulness; provisions prepared for a feast; entertainment; as, a table loaded with good cheer.
- The face; the countenance or its expression.
- To be in any state or temper of mind.
- To cause to rejoice; to gladden; to make cheerful; - often with up.
- To grow cheerful; to become gladsome or joyous; - usually with up.
- To infuse life, courage, animation, or hope, into; to inspirit; to solace or comfort.
- To salute or applaud with cheers; to urge on by cheers; as, to cheer hounds in a chase.
- To utter a shout or shouts of applause, triumph, etc.
reanimate, gibe, press, revolutionise, juice up, harbor, treasure, temperateness, invigorate, nurture, jolly along, breathe in, embolden, like, repair, blitheness, flout, mirth, value, root on, quicken, nurse, animate, cheer up, nourish, applause, perk up, buck up, urge on, tickle, exhort, ginger up, jazz up, advocate, cheerfulness, roar, protect, revolutionize, renovate, approval, overjoy, fair weather, exalt, scoff, revivify, cherish, inspire, felicity, foster, blessedness, entertain, revive, solace, applaud, beatitude, inspirit, hurrah, sunlight, clap, prompt, play, barrack, happy, urge, root, shelter, encouragement, comfort, pep up, sun, chirk up, instigate, jolly up, recreate, hold dear, enchant, motivate, jeer, nerve, recommend, help, sunshine, inhale, approbation, hearten, vivify, cheering, cling to, glee.
- cheer (part of speech: verb)
- cheerfulness (part of speech: noun)
- celebrate (part of speech: verb)
- cry (part of speech: verb)
pleasure (part of speech: noun)
- please (part of speech: verb)