Definition of cheer :
1. A shout, hurrah, or acclamation, expressing joy enthusiasm, applause, favor, etc.
2. Feeling; spirit; state of mind or heart.
3. Gayety; mirth; cheerfulness; animation.
4. That which promotes good spirits or cheerfulness; provisions prepared for a feast; entertainment; as, a table loaded with good cheer.
5. The face; the countenance or its expression.
6. To be in any state or temper of mind.
7. To cause to rejoice; to gladden; to make cheerful; - often with up.
8. To grow cheerful; to become gladsome or joyous; - usually with up.
9. To infuse life, courage, animation, or hope, into; to inspirit; to solace or comfort.
10. To salute or applaud with cheers; to urge on by cheers; as, to cheer hounds in a chase.
11. To utter a shout or shouts of applause, triumph, etc.
quicken, sunshine, gibe, pep up, root on, like, sunlight, jazz up, recommend, root, glee, motivate, repair, nurture, reanimate, prompt, flout, scoff, cheer up, exhort, protect, recreate, nerve, revolutionise, approbation, inspirit, urge on, nourish, press, buck up, vivify, entertain, breathe in, cling to, felicity, ginger up, play, jeer, clap, barrack, perk up, embolden, harbor, approval, shelter, temperateness, chirk up, cherish, applaud, nurse, jolly up, blitheness, instigate, encouragement, enchant, happy, cheering, sun, advocate, hurrah, tickle, renovate, blessedness, help, revive, overjoy, foster, urge, solace, jolly along, treasure, roar, exalt, beatitude, applause, mirth, juice up, inhale, animate, comfort, fair weather, value, revivify, hold dear, revolutionize, invigorate
cheer (part of speech: verb)
cheerfulness (part of speech: noun)
congeniality, jolliness, good humor, easygoingness, affability, happiness, gaiety, cordiality, cheerfulness, buoyancy, pleasance, lightheartedness, jauntiness, warmness, amiability, cheeriness, friendliness, complaisance, joyfulness, sunniness, merriness, bonhomie, agreeableness, geniality
celebrate (part of speech: verb)
commemorate, enjoy, party, glorify, frolic, hallow, carouse, inaugurate, jubilate, rejoice, venerate, laud, fete, proclaim, make merry, hail, solemnize, exult, memorialize, praise, revel, salute, trumpet, observe, acclaim, honor, celebrate
cry (part of speech: verb)
pleasure (part of speech: noun)
ecstasy, agreeability, entertainment, joy, jollity, gratification, bonniness, gladness, pleasure, bliss, amusement, enjoyment, relish, delight, satisfaction, euphoria, rapture, well-being, brightness, contentment, enthrallment, exhilaration
please (part of speech: verb)