Definition of chivalry:
- A body or order of cavaliers or knights serving on horseback; illustrious warriors, collectively; cavalry.
- A tenure of lands by knight's service; that is, by the condition of a knight's performing service on horseback, or of performing some noble or military service to his lord.
- The dignity or system of knighthood; the spirit, usages, or manners of knighthood; the practice of knight- errantry.
- The qualifications or character of knights, as valor, dexterity in arms, courtesy, etc.
gallantry, courtesy, valiance, civility, breeding, courtesy, valour, valiancy, chivalrousness, heroism, tact, decorum, grace, knightliness, honor, dignity, attitude, fairness, gentility, valorousness, valor, courage, politesse.
- "The Life of Napoleon I (Volumes, 1 and 2)", John Holland Rose.
- "The White Knight: Tirant lo Blanc", Joanot Martorell and Marti Johan d'Galba.
- "The Eagle's Heart", Hamlin Garland.