Definition of chlorosis :
1. A disease in plants, causing the flowers to turn green or the leaves to lose their normal green color.
2. The green sickness; an anaemic disease of young women, characterized by a greenish or grayish yellow hue of the skin, weakness, palpitation, etc.
- Chlorosis is caused by torpor and debility of the whole frame, especially of the womb. - "Advice to a Mother on the Management of her Children", Pye Henry Chavasse.
- Hysterical fits not unfrequently occur during an attack of chlorosis. - "Advice to a Mother on the Management of her Children", Pye Henry Chavasse.
- Now the habit of renunciation cools the heat of your desire, and the roses of your youth are growing pale in the- chlorosis of your heavenliness. - "The Ego and His Own", Max Stirner.