Definition of chocolate :
1. A paste or cake composed of the roasted seeds of the Theobroma Cacao ground and mixed with other ingredients, usually sugar, and cinnamon or vanilla.
2. The beverage made by dissolving a portion of the paste or cake in boiling water or milk.
brown (part of speech: adjective)
burnt almond, walnut, acorn, brown, tawny, coffee, dun, chestnut, partridge, cocoa, sepia, brunette, copper, cafe au lait, auburn, fawn, drab, khaki, nut brown, tan, hazel, cinnamon, toast, biscuit, coconut, umber
candy (part of speech: noun)
- The only other indication of her feeling in the matter was, that she sent him up a cup of delicious chocolate for his lunch, before he set out for Mr. Appleditch's, where she had heard at the shop that he was going. - "David Elginbrod", George MacDonald.
- When the candy is well mixed through the egg, add two squares of chocolate, grated, and continue beating until cool and thick enough to spread. - "Cookery for Little Girls", Olive Hyde Foster.
- He sat on the low ice chest in the pantry and ate chocolate cake. - "O. Henry Memorial Award Prize Stories of 1921", Various.