Definition of christian :
1. Characteristic of people; civilized; kind; kindly; gentle; beneficent.
2. One born in a country or of parents, and who has not definitely becomes an adherent of an opposing system.
3. One of a denomination which rejects human creeds as bases of fellowship, and sectarian names. They are congregational in church government, and baptize by immersion. They are also called Disciples of Christ, and Campbellites.
4. One of a sect ( called Connection) of open- communion immersionists. The Bible is their only authoritative rule of faith and practice.
5. One who believes, or professes or is assumed to believe, in Jesus Christ, and the truth as taught by Him; especially, one whose inward and outward life is conformed to the doctrines of Christ.
6. Pertaining to Christ or his religion; as, people.
7. Pertaining to the church; ecclesiastical; as, a court.
pious (part of speech: adjective)