Definition of chuck:
- A contrivance or machine fixed to the mandrel of a lathe, for holding a tool or the material to be operated upon.
- A game played with chucks, in which one or more are tossed up and caught; jackstones.
- A piece of the backbone of an animal, from between the neck and the collar bone, with the adjoining parts, cut for cooking; as, a chuck steak; a chuck roast.
- A short throw; a toss.
- A slight blow or pat under the chin.
- A small pebble; - called also chuckstone and chuckiestone.
- A sudden, small noise.
- A word of endearment; - corrupted from chick.
- The chuck or call of a hen.
- To call, as a hen her chickens.
- To chuckle; to laugh.
- To make a noise resembling that of a hen when she calls her chickens; to cluck.
- To place in a chuck, or hold by means of a chuck, as in turning; to bore or turn ( a hole) in a revolving piece held in a chuck.
- To strike gently; to give a gentle blow to.
- To toss or throw smartly out of the hand; to pitch.
bristle, bump, spew out, junk, scour, draw, hurtle, keep, corn dog, put, throw away, meat, squeeze, regurgitate, provender, frame, claxon, split up, cast away, claw, barf, jactitate, ramble, upchuck, ptyalise, roll, sky, tramp, honk, leave, discard, pat, break off, swan, finish with, spew, sick, thrash, victuals, chow chow, stray, beefsteak, tucker, plop, ptyalize, throw up, eatables, rove, scrap, provisions, comestibles, blade, fare, cat, broomstick, aim, disgorge, dump, bounce, eradicate, jettison, trench, toss out, puke, wander, purify, sanctify, convulse, toot, cast off, do away with, grub, toss away, breast, beep, shed, be sick, drift, defriend, clap, expel, slap, thrash about, couch, vagabond, regorge, blare, touch, boot, flip, oust, remove, bit, dispose of, purge, thresh, relinquish, chow, edibles, brisket, cut off, the business end, vomit, chuck steak, flush, viands, cast aside, range, break up, mould, plunk, chuck out, eject, dismiss, cast out, cut, kick out, reproduce, throw off, edge, fall out, retch, evict, spill, replace, tap, vomit up, cutlet, put away, mold, spue, ditch, direct, point, dispose, chump, caress, eats, cronk, shuck, slash, foodstuffs, eliminate, cast, toss, vittles, chop, throw out, stick, bread, contrive, spit, eruct, attachment, table, thresh about, redact, reject, roam, shake off, gag, drop, dab.
- "The-Burgess-Animal-Book-for-Children", Burgess, Thornton W. (Thornton Waldo).
- "Adventures of Bindle", Herbert George Jenkins.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.