Definition of churlish:
crass, gloomy, ill-bred, ungracious, barbarian, vulgar, uncouth, smooth, base, dogged, vulgar, ill-humored, ill-natured, unrefined, severe, boorish, splenetic, indelicate, uncultured, gruff, Philistine, morose, uncivilized, barbaric, rude, courtesy, crude, boorish, unpolished, coarse, tasteless, sulky, rough, uncultivated, rude, gross.
- irritable (part of speech: adjective)
- malevolent (part of speech: adjective)
- "A Wanderer in Paris", E. V. Lucas.
- "The Monikins", J. Fenimore Cooper.
- "The Poetical Works of Sir Edward Bulwer Lytton, Bart. M.P.", Edward Bulwer Lytton.