Definition of circulate :
1. To cause to pass from place to place, or from person to person; to spread; as, to circulate a report; to circulate bills of credit.
2. To move in a circle or circuitously; to move round and return to the same point; as, the blood circulates in the body.
3. To pass from place to place, from person to person, or from hand to hand; to be diffused; as, money circulates; a story circulates.
march on, collect, get about, administer, move, call up, herald, deal, rally, transmit, radiate, reach, pass on, wander, mete out, stream, impart, give out, give, spread out, unfold, put across, send, imbue, enunciate, notify, tell, stagger, knowledge, permeate, turn over, shell out, noise, mobilise, dot, pass around, scatter, overspread, deal out, break up, open, dust, spread abroad, pass, beam, circuit, relegate, circularize, penetrate, get around, go around, pass along, pervade, distribute, run, advance, dispel, disperse, course, interpenetrate, dissipate, disseminate, summon, outflank, make known, dole out, submit, travel, diffuse, flow, sprinkle, allot, parcel out, marshal, progress, circularise, hand out, hand, air, spread, blaze, declare, bypass, bruit, reveal, leave, pass out, wide, riddle, circle, fan out, move on, encircle, dispense, lot, communicate, propound, propagate, walk, dish out, say, strew, blazon, proclaim, state, short-circuit, mobilize, go on, give notice
publish (part of speech: verb)
rotate (part of speech: verb)
- My eyes were veiled- I could not see; a burning sweat covered my face; my blood was on fire, and did not circulate in my veins; my life seemed about to become extinct. - "Adventures in the Philippine Islands", Paul P. de La Gironière.
- She well knew there were persons who would circulate the report, and that it would finally reach his wife, even though she was several miles away. - "Dawn", Mrs. Harriet A. Adams.
- It is the nature of slang to circulate freely among all classes, yet there are several kinds of this current form of language corresponding to the several classes of society. - "How to Speak and Write Correctly", Joseph Devlin.