Definition of circulate:
- To cause to pass from place to place, or from person to person; to spread; as, to circulate a report; to circulate bills of credit.
- To move in a circle or circuitously; to move round and return to the same point; as, the blood circulates in the body.
- To pass from place to place, from person to person, or from hand to hand; to be diffused; as, money circulates; a story circulates.
march on, dole out, travel, administer, communicate, herald, riddle, pass around, diffuse, tell, parcel out, pass along, get around, mobilize, impart, dispense, summon, bypass, fan out, encircle, leave, circuit, radiate, move on, mobilise, lot, pass out, move, enunciate, propound, go on, deal out, make known, circle, shell out, turn over, give out, circularise, dissipate, go around, hand, distribute, reach, scatter, wander, transmit, advance, give, stagger, spread abroad, propagate, flow, run, give notice, bruit, penetrate, break up, permeate, interpenetrate, dust, deal, knowledge, pass on, unfold, get about, allot, relegate, imbue, rally, say, reveal, submit, dispel, course, declare, notify, progress, blazon, put across, pass, blaze, open, disseminate, circularize, overspread, state, sprinkle, call up, collect, send, dot, marshal, air, broadcast, walk, proclaim, hand out, stream, dish out, spread out, noise, disperse, spread, outflank, strew, wide, beam, pervade, short-circuit, mete out.
- "Adventures in the Philippine Islands", Paul P. de La Gironière.
- "Dawn", Mrs. Harriet A. Adams.
- "How to Speak and Write Correctly", Joseph Devlin.