Definition of circumstantial:
- Abounding with circumstances; detailing or exhibiting all the circumstances; minute; particular.
- Consisting in, or pertaining to, circumstances or particular incidents.
- Incidental; relating to, but not essential.
- Something incidental to the main subject, but of less importance; opposed to an essential; - generally in the plural; as, the circumstantials of religion.
specific, minute, precise, particularized, paradise, be better/worse off, hypothetical, particular, inadmissible, conclusive, reflective, inferred, thorough, secondary, face to face, small, supporting, little, undecided, effectively, corroborative, extraneous, elaborate, fateful, the proof of the pudding (is in the eating), suggestive, slender, detailed, diminutive, symptomatic, fine, comminuted, unique, exact, blow-by-blow, implied, hearsay, effective, documentary, dependent, full, tiny, situated, critical, contingent.
- "The Hampstead Mystery", John R. Watson.
- "Là-bas", J. K. Huysmans.
- "Molly Brown's Junior Days", Nell Speed.