Definition of class :
1. A comprehensive division of animate or inanimate objects, grouped together on account of their common characteristics, in any classification in natural science, and subdivided into orders, families, tribes, genera, etc.
2. A group of individuals ranked together as possessing common characteristics; as, the different classes of society; the educated class; the lower classes.
3. A number of students in a school or college, of the same standing, or pursuing the same studies.
4. A set; a kind or description, species or variety.
5. One of the sections into which a church or congregation is divided, and which is under the supervision of a class leader.
6. To arrange in classes; to classify or refer to some class; as, to class words or passages.
7. To divide into classes, as students; to form into, or place in, a class or classes.
8. To grouped or classed.
mannikin, secernate, stratum, grad, crystallize, sort out, brood, manikin, crime syndicate, unusual, affiliate, configuration, associate, pedigree, section, discriminate, distinguish, tier, part, division, folk, differentiate, power, distinction, programme, soma, divide, gradation, severalize, course of instruction, unique, branch, club, temper, caliber, crystallise, course, human body, shed light on, sept, kinsperson, var., segmentation, single out, figure, manakin, straighten out, flesh, household, fork, material body, break up, collection, color, department, contour, circle, carve up, bracket, mark, head, association, birth, year, sieve, clear, tone, habit, source, socio-economic class, consort, twelvemonth, prestige, elucidate, air division, selection, social class, break, layer, house, bod, society, partitioning, connection, split, path, track, sectionalisation, split up, subdivision, ancestry, influence, be, name, mob, descriptor, syndicate, recitation, aspect, family line, title, vein, correct, anatomy, syllabus, genre, phratry, tell apart, tell, crystalize, relegate, build, derivation, tribe, value, yr, secern, mannequin, room, colloquium, conformation, screen out, naval division, severalise, company, menage, one of a kind, different, kin, descent, assembly, ramify, spirit, mood, kinsfolk, variance, partition, course of action, trend, genealogy, origin, quality, domain, property, discipline, period, estate, seminar, row, phase, home, physique, illuminate, kinfolk, curriculum, physical body, ground level, humor, clear up, word form, enlighten, precedence, subject, signifier, position, moiety, range, lecture, lesson, clique, coterie, condition, disunite, course of study, session, sphere, fall apart, furcate, state, sectionalization, variant, status, chassis, fellowship, station, family unit, extraction, come apart, hierarchy, province, dissever, streak, sect, suit, lineage, pattern, nobility, league, crystalise
category (part of speech: noun)
genus, species, family, category, mold, breed, grain, race, step, ilk, phylum, strain, level, kind, people, degree, kingdom, line, variety, stock, caste, genotype, clan, make, series, style, designation, classification, taxonomy, stripe, feather, persuasion, denomination
character (part of speech: noun)
categorize (part of speech: verb)
order (part of speech: verb)
fix, compose, rank, regulate, unify, establish, categorize, group, balance, plan, prepare, screen, array, adjust, normalize, methodize, grade, support, subordinate, marshal, schematize, order, orchestrate, cast, structure, pigeonhole, mediate, sort, plot, arrange, control, systematize, right, program, separate, shape, settle, set, place, schedule, collate, rate, scheme, harmonize, devise, stratify, form, maintain, chart, classify, sift, frame, score, organize, unsnarl, type, design, integrate, stabilize, rationalize
taste (part of speech: noun)
school (part of speech: noun)