Definition of Clinging:
- cohering (part of speech: verb)
- attaching (part of speech: verb)
- joining (part of speech: verb)
- "Beyond", John Galsworthy.
The boy was still laughing as he held out his hand for the ticket, and the stranger gave it to him with one hand and at the same time shot out a long arm, caught the boy- a well- grown lad of sixteen- by the middle and, with as little apparent effort as though lifting a baby, swung him into the air to the top of the gate- post, where he left him clinging with arms and legs six feet from the ground.- "The Bittermeads Mystery", E. R. Punshon.
- "The Flaw in the Crystal", May Sinclair.